Yep, you read that right folks; J.R. Smith is up to his same ridiculous antics as he has been handed a one game suspension for striking Washington Wizards Guard, Glen Rice Jr. in the groin Tuesday night. This isn’t the first time Smith has been suspended or fined by the NBA as he’s had multiple run ins with trouble through-out his career. Here is a taste of the laundry list of instances that has come with Mr. Smith:
- Suspended 5 games 2013 – Violating NBA’s substance abuse policy
- Suspended – Game 4 of the Knicks/Celtics playoff series for elbowing
- $25,000 – Hostile Tweets towards Brandon Jennings of the Detroit Pistons
- $50,000 – Untying someone’s shoelaces
- $25,000 – Inappropriate photo of a woman on his Twitter account
- $5,000 – For flopping in Game 1 of the 2013 playoffs
- Total amount since joining the New York Knicks: $142,000 (not including fines with suspensions)
J.R. Smith’s Groin shot on Glen Rice Jr.
Smith has been a bit of a streaky player throughout his career but has been solid as a 6th man for the Knicks. In his first 3 seasons with the team, he’s averaged 15 PPG, 4.4 RPG and 2.7 APG (pretty impressive for coming of the bench). This season he’s struggled with the new triangle offence and has been quite vocal about his difficulties as he’s averaged 7.5 points and 4 assists in 24.5 minutes. So is he worth his almost $6,000,000 salary? He could be if the shooting guard could get his act together. Despite struggling this season, hes one of the better 6th man players in the NBA. Unfortunately we can only talk about the player he could be while being entertained by the player he is.
J.R. Smith Highlights
Let me know your thoughts on J.R. Smith and what you think the NBA or the Knicks should do with this guy by commenting below or Tweeting me @D_ScHramER34 with the #elitesportsblog!